[UPHPU] MVC

John David Anderson uphpu at mail.johndavidanderson.net
Tue Nov 9 19:26:30 MST 2004

I have really liked that book - definitely recommended for those who
haven't checked it out yet.

I personally use Smarty and like it so far. I have heard from others on
the list that it's slow, but I haven't experienced any slowness. I'm
not sure what would cause that. I would use it for any size site. Its
pretty easy to use. (Check it out at smarty.php.net)

It doesn't matter so much as you find something that works for you and
you try to keep your logic separate from your presentation. You'll only
realize how great this is when some of your projects get older - and
you need to rework things.

I'd also like to hear more talk about frameworks as well. I'm looking
for a good intro to a MVC-ish framework and I haven't found anything
yet. Any recommendations there either?

--John