[UPHPU] [ot] SMTP over Web Services

Gary Thornock Gary_Thornock at sento.com
Mon Nov 1 23:23:51 MST 2004

Not quite as crazy as you might think.  I haven't found a web service
that does plain SMTP, but, in fact, I have seen a company that produces
a (commercial, fairly expensive) web services front-end for Exchange
Server. [1]  I'm sure something similar could be done for plain SMTP.
You would, however, need a service on your end to translate back to SMTP
for the benefit of your client software.

You're right, though: web mail is a much simpler solution, if it can do
everything you need it to do.  I just wish there were a way to make web
mail look and act like elm :)

- Gary

[1] http://www.canyonbridge.com/