[UPHPU] $use_zend ? "How do you have ZDE set up" : "Ignore me"

Fred Larsen fred at bitwyze.com
Mon May 24 18:06:27 MDT 2004

On Mon, 24 May 2004, Jonathan Gale wrote:

> I just spent the better part of 2 days getting ZDE setup to (sorta) work
> the way I want it to.  I was wondering how you have ZDE setup to develop
> applications.  Specifically:
>
> Do you use the Zend Studio Server?

yes

> 	Installed locally or remotely?

both

> 	Do you use the Zend IE toolbar?

Yes

> Do you edit files local or remote?

both

> 	If remote, via Samba, FTP or other?

Samba

> Does your development env match your production env?

yes

> 	Do you develop in windows or linux?

Both and OS X

> 	Do you deploy to windows or linux?

Linux

> Do you use the PEAR libraries?

yes

> 	Are they part of your project or do you use a central set?

central set /usr/local/lib/php

> Do you use CVS?

yes

> I have a dozen other questions, but in hopes of actually having people
> respond I'll leave it at that.  Basically I think there are too many
> ways to setup your development environment using ZDE and I'd really like
> to be doing it "The Right Way".

I would not be so bold or foolish to say that this is "The Right Way".  It
is the way that I do things that has evolved over time.  If I find some
easier way of doing something I change.

> I'm not opposed to dumping ZDE altogether if it will make my development
> process easier.  What has worked / not worked for you?

I really like Zend Studio.  I do not think that it is prefect but it helps
me get things done faster.  The profiler and debugger have been a great
help.  Having everything in one place makes development a lot easier.