[UPHPU] Session Buildup

Jon Jensen jjensen at debonairesolutions.com
Wed Mar 17 13:20:56 MST 2004

What platform are you hosted on? I seem to remember something in the PHP
docs about problems with FAT-32 (or was it FAT?) file systems in that they
do not support session garbage collection. If you're on a Windows platform,
that may be the issue.

Another approach would be to use MySQL-based sessions, something I've just
started doing. PHP let's you write your own session handler functions,
overwriting the default one, so you can use it in exactly the same way. The
advantage is that it's faster, more secure, and more customizable than the
built-in session mechanism. Also, you won't have to worry about garbage
collection, since it handles that as well. Worth checking out...

http://www.cheetah-soft.com/csh/

Jon