"setrights" for user
Wade Preston Shearer
groups at anavidesign.com
Mon Mar 1 19:58:57 MST 2004
I have a virtual hosting account. It had a command (terminal) that I
could use to set the "rights" of a user. With...
setrights <user> <+|-><privilege> [<+|-><privilege> ...]
...you could specify any of the following...
• admin - Alter virtual server user accounts
• chrtftp - Lock an ftp user into their own home directory
• ftp - FTP login access
• gcc - Compile programs using gcc and access /usr/include
• login - SSH login access
• mail - Send and receive email (POP3)
• net - ftp and telnet from the virtual server
• perl - Compile/execute perl scripts
• telnet - Telnet login access
...for any user.
Unfortunately, after they just upgraded their system, this option is no
longer available by default. I have been told that I can install it,
but don't have a clue where to start looking. Anyone heard of this or
can provide any information?
More information about the UPHPU