[UPHPU] Is php seeing mysql?

Mac Newbold mac at macnewbold.com
Thu Feb 26 17:54:36 MST 2004

Today at 5:47pm, Ashley Oviatt said:

>How can you test to see if php is seeing the mysql databases? I have
>phpinfo.php working correctly, but phpMyAdmin isn't. It just gives a blank
>page. I've tried the suggestions in the documentation, and the last thing it
>says to check is if php has mysql support compiled in. So I need to know how
>to see if it does.

In your phpinfo page, there search for mysql. If it isn't there, you don't
have mysql support. (There should be mention of it in the configure line,
as well as a whole section for it later.)

Other things to try include checking things like the database name, user
name, password, db server, etc. that it is trying to log into. (I assume
you can get into this database from the command line using the same
credentials that phpMyAdmin should be using.)

Thanks,
Mac