[UPHPU] interactive php scripts

Ray Hunter bigdog at venticon.com
Wed Feb 25 12:46:51 MST 2004

On Wed, 2004-02-25 at 12:21, Steve Dibb wrote:
> Has anyone ever written any interactive CLI php scripts?  Is it even
> possible?  I've got to start working on a screen-scrape php script,
> which would be *nice* if it was all command line ... and had something
> similar to "hit enter to continue" or "type in your name and hit enter"
> blah blah blah.

Yes you can do all that...you can also do interactive with STDIN as
well. If you are doing this on a *nix system that you can build php with
cli and ncurses then you can create some really killer cli apps with
ncurses. This gives you menus and boxes and mouse.

I have used ncurses and cli to create various tools that deal with
networks...like mapping mac address in databases and snmp values.

for those who dont know CLI means commandline interface.

--
Ray