[UPHPU] volunteering and/or booth at XMission LIF04

Mac Newbold mac at macnewbold.com
Thu Apr 29 23:08:48 MDT 2004

Today at 1:47pm, Wade Preston Shearer said:

>We have been given the opportunity to be a sponsor at Xmission's LIF04
>(Linux Install Fest 2004).
>We also have the opportunity to set up a display on a table to promote
>the club, PHP, and LAMP.
>
>Please let me know as soon as possible of you are interested in (a)
>volunteering to help with the installations and/or interested in (b)
>putting together and manning a booth.

Fortunately or not, I'll already be there with the BSD group (GUBUG),
installing FreeBSD over the Linux installs... ;)

>What ideas does the group have for a booth? One initial thought that I
>did have (besides recruiting more members) was allowing people to come
>over after getting linux installed and having us help them set
>up/configure Apache, PHP, and MySQL on their boxes.

Well, the BSD group is already planning on installing those, I think but
some people may want help setting it up. That sounds like a good idea.

I think maybe our main opportunity will be to evangelize/propagandize our
brains out to get all the php hackers out there into the club. We should
also be recruiting perl, JSP, or ASP hackers too, so we can convert them.

Mac