[UPHPU] DB experience

Fred Larsen fred at bitwyze.com
Wed Apr 28 13:38:26 MDT 2004

We were at the same cross road a little while ago.  After weighing the
pros and cons we decided to use PostgreSQL as our main database server.

Things we needed:
 -stored procedures
 -transactions
 -sub queries

Things we did not need:
 -to pay a lot of money

With those requirements in mind the only logical choice between MySQL,
PostgeSQL, and Oracle was PostgreSQL.  If money is not an obstacle and you
have some experience with Oracle then that might be a better decision. We
also still use MySQL for a lot of things.

Fred