[UPHPU] MySQL questions?

Mac Newbold mac at macnewbold.com
Fri Apr 23 09:36:09 MDT 2004

Today at 9:52am, Fred Larsen said:

>> If that answers most of the questions about php caching, I don't think
>> I'll cover it in the mysql meeting, even though someone requested it. I
>> don't know of any general form of mysql query result caching that is used
>> with PHP.
>
>I think the suggestion was specifically about the MySQL query cache.
>
>http://www.mysql.com/news-and-events/newsletter/2003-01/a0000000108.html

Oh, cool! Up until last night I had an older version of the manual that
still covered all the features in my 3.23.xx server, but didn't have all
the new stuff from 4.x.

It turns out the manual's section 5.10 is all about the query cache.

I'll read up and talk about it in the meeting then.

Thanks for pointing that out!

Mac