[UPHPU] MySQL questions?

John johnh at strictlyrockymountain.com
Thu Apr 22 23:20:41 MDT 2004

I would suggest covering the High Availability only because once you have
a system setup like that you need to know how to make your PHP communicate
with the possibility of multipule servers.  In PHP you set up the host to
open communications, and then the fun begins.  I have only seen this step
where your PHP tests to see if the first one is up before trying to access
another.

I once setup High Availability and it was misserable.  My servers got into
an issue where the MySQL couldn't communicate (although the machines were
up), and everything halted.  I couldn't resolve what was happening within
a short period of time and had to abandon my wishes and live with backups.

--
Thanks
John