Book Publishers - User Groups

Ray Hunter bigdog at venticon.com
Thu Apr 15 19:19:52 MDT 2004

Everyone,

I just wanted to let everyone know that I volunteered to work on getting
UPHPU set up with Book publishers. Wade gave the go ahead and I have
been working on getting things set up with some really great publishers.

Currently I have UPHPU registered with these publishers:

O'Reilly
Peachpit - New Riders, Adobe Press, Macromedia Press
Manning

I am currently working on getting Pearson which is the parent of SAMS,
QUE, Core, Addison-Wesley, etc. and Wrox. Hopefully, in time i will be
able to get additional companies.

What does this mean to UPHPU members?  Free books, promo items and
discounts on their products.  We will be setting up a page on the
website that lists the publishers, links to their website and additional
information on how to get your discounts on their products.

Also, many of these companies allow members to do book reviews which we
then post on the website and we send to the publisher. If you would like
to do a book review please feel free to email me and let me know.

For our meeting this month, I hope to have some promotional items.
However, I doubt i will have much seeing that it takes a while for them
to send items. Yet, the future looks good.

Wade and I discussed the possibility of setting up a user library for
UPHPU. I think that we should open that up for discussion and see what
everyone thinks.

I will also be posting newsletters from the publishers to the member
discussing new books and promotions that they currently have.

If you have any suggestions, ideas, or other publishers that you would
like to share, please let me know.

Thanks,
Ray