[UPHPU] A_Move_to_Block_Gmail_Service __

Velda Christensen velda at novapages.com
Wed Apr 14 11:56:22 MDT 2004

Did I miss something?  I read the article and noticed Europe's privacy
laws state that a user must be able to permanently delete their message,
but I didn't see anything about GMail planning to withhold that right.
Moot point..  But I agree; if a person knows full well (even if its in a
user agreement they choose to ignore) that their emails are going to
contain ads in exchange for free email service, what's the big deal?

Regarding telemarketers... We strike up annoying conversations like "So
where are you from?  New York!?  HEY! Do you know David Letterman??" or
ask stuipd questions  like "Wow! My other card is 6%!  Does that mean
I'll get 18% more rewards??"  Usually they just hang up and set our
number in their system to not bother trying again, where if you just say
"no thanks" or hang up they might decide to be persistent.  Plus we get
a good laugh..  ;)

Velda