SEO matters....?

Jason Jones j at poeticintensity.com
Tue Apr 6 08:34:15 MDT 2004

Hmmm.....  I've been in the web development business for a number of
years and I'd have to say SEO has been almost top priority for all the
businesses I've worked with (Hosting Companies, 3D Companies,
Photography Companies)...  They have all had marketers who realized that
more people coming to the site = possibility for more sales.  Free
marketing is still marketing, and with Google, because of their pagerank
system - most of the eyes that see your site through their search engine
are people who are interested in what you're selling....  All of this
means....

If you know how to cater to Google's search engine, you will ultimately
have higher site usage by people who are interested in what you're
doing.  It's a fantastic way to get free marketing.

I tried this out myself on a personal project I'm working on (if you're
interested, it's www.ldscompanion.com ) and right now I'm getting around
1000+ unique visitors,   ~20,000 page views and ~50,000 hits per month.
~60% of this traffic is coming directly from google because I took the
time to cater to what google likes.  Right now, LDSCompanion isn't
selling anything, but if it were - I couldn't complain about 600 more
people coming to my site (and possibly giving me income) per month
because of SEO.

Man...  I'm rambling here, and I might be a bit off base or forgetting
something, but my point is - virtually any company (especially if
they're selling something) can profit from SEO.  If they aren't
concerned with it - they might need to consider a new marketing team.

--Jason Jones