[UPHPU] Projects page for uphpu members

Wade Preston Shearer groups at anavidesign.com
Tue Apr 6 14:12:56 MDT 2004

>>> http://www.top25web.com/pagerank.php will tell you the page rank of
>>> URLs.
>>
>> So what exactly does this rank mean?
>
> This one number is the biggest factor in determining how high on a
> Google
> search your page appears. The more people that link to you, the higher
> your rank. Pages like slashdot, msn, and yahoo are 9/10 or 10/10. Pages
> like the uphpu project page are 1/10. As a refence,
> phpldapadmin.sourceforge.net is 5/10.
>
> The more highly ranked people who link to my page, the more highly
> ranked
> I will be, and the more likely you are to find me with a Google search.
> When someone links to your page, Google only considers it if the
> linking
> page is ranked 4 or higher.
>
> If you are serious about being a webmaster, you ought to read Google
> Hacks
> and learn about Search Engine Optimization (SEO). A webmaster who is
> not
> equipped with this knowledge is only half the webmaster he should be.

Assuming that he cares about SEO. If you don't care about people
finding your site via search engines, then it doesn't matter. For most
of the projects that I have been involved with thus for in my career as
a web developer for example (personal, professional, non-profit,
for-profit), SEO has not mattered.