[UPHPU] Projects page for uphpu members

David Smith DavidSmith at byu.net
Tue Apr 6 13:32:05 MDT 2004

Today at 10:06am, Wade Preston Shearer said:

>> http://www.top25web.com/pagerank.php will tell you the page rank of
>> URLs.
>
>So what exactly does this rank mean?

This one number is the biggest factor in determining how high on a Google
search your page appears. The more people that link to you, the higher
your rank. Pages like slashdot, msn, and yahoo are 9/10 or 10/10. Pages
like the uphpu project page are 1/10. As a refence,
phpldapadmin.sourceforge.net is 5/10.

The more highly ranked people who link to my page, the more highly ranked
I will be, and the more likely you are to find me with a Google search.
When someone links to your page, Google only considers it if the linking
page is ranked 4 or higher.

If you are serious about being a webmaster, you ought to read Google Hacks
and learn about Search Engine Optimization (SEO). A webmaster who is not
equipped with this knowledge is only half the webmaster he should be.

--Dave