[UPHPU] compiling PHP 4.3.3

Steve Dibb sdibb at comcast.net
Mon Nov 3 11:08:29 MST 2003

I'm sure youve heard this before, but it bears worth repeating.

Follow the instructions *exactly* to install apache + php installed.
It's the only way I've ever gotten it to work on Linux.  I mean, you
don't have to use --prefix=/www if you don't wnat to, but if its your
first time compiling, I wouldnt recommend variance in the slightest. :)

Or, you could just install the RPM:

http://rpmfind.net//linux/RPM/rawhide/1.0/i386/Fedora/RPMS/php-4.3.3-6.i386.html

Steve