[UPHPU-jobs] Senior LAMP Engineer at BriefLogic
uphpu-jobs-postbot at uphpu.org
Wed Jun 29 22:08:22 MDT 2011
Utah PHP Users Group job announcement
chad at brieflogic.com
Senior LAMP Engineer
$80,000 - $100,000
You love coding and building new things. Youâre smart, youâre fast, and most importantly, you always get it done. Admit it, youâre a rockstar.
BriefLogic is looking for an experienced, energetic PHP Developer Lead for product development. The ideal candidate for this position has worked with high-load, high- availability websites previously and must be comfortable working in fast-paced startup environment.
BriefLogic is a newly funded startup built to help marketers and agencies increase their value and impact on their businesses in a measurable way. Our software ensures companies and agencies create high quality, consistent input briefs for all marketing deliverables, so you speed both the process and quality of your marketing. Companies and agencies that use BriefLogic's tools and training are reaping significant savings by improving the quality of the input into for every marketing project. "Garbage in, garbage out" turns into "quality in, quality out" and marketing delivers consistent, measurable business results.
BriefLogic currently has numerous Fortune 500 clients that are leveraging our software and services to increase their MROI.
- Work in a fast paced and highly collaborative development environment tasked with engineering improvements to our siteâs features, performance and interface using PHP
- Experience working with the full software development project life cycle, including defining requirements, evaluating alternatives, designing, developing and implementing solutions
- Build new features and enhancements as we scale our systems with growth
- Prototype and implement optimization techniques and participate in design and code reviews
- Continuously improve BriefLogic's products, usability and user experience
- Proven track record of estimating and delivering against project initiatives
- Own database design and architecture, application design and architecture, and lead other developers in implementation thereon
- Must be able to work effectively and creatively within a team environment and also independently.
- Solid understanding of design, coding, and testing patterns
- Strong background in web application development using PHP
- Cross-browser development (IE, Firefox, Safari/Chrome, etc.), web usability, and interface design
- Significant, practical experience in OO PHP5-based page, architecture, application, and systems design
- Version control experience (SVN preferred)
- Experience working with PHP frameworks a must (Yii experience a significant plus)
- Experience in asynchronous (stateless) application design
- Understanding of cloud-based hosting (Rackspace/EC2)
- Experience working in a Unix/Linux environment
- Ability to identify performance bottlenecks in PHP applications
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and proven ability to work effectively with all organizational levels
- 4-6 years PHP/MySQL development
- 2-3 years jQuery
- 2+ years PHP framework
- Competitive pay
- Equity/stock options
More information about the UPHPU-jobs