[UPHPU-jobs] Web Applications Developer at DigiCert, Inc.
uphpu-jobs-postbot at uphpu.org
Wed Jul 27 14:17:39 MDT 2011
Utah PHP Users Group job announcement
hr at digicert.com
Web Applications Developer
One of the best kept secrets in Utah Valley is looking for a great PHP programmer to join its development team. DigiCert is a stable, profitable certification authority (we issue digital certificates that are used to secure websites with SSL/TLS encryption).
* Expert knowledge of LAMP, especially the M and P. The more experience the better.
* Write clean HTML and CSS, familiar with Web Standards.
* Know how to write secure code, with knowledge of web security and common security flaws in software.
* Know how to write efficient code. How to troubleshoot problems, and how to optimize code that needs it.
* You are self-motivated, manage your time well, and get things done.
* You pride yourself on building solutions that are both elegant and practical.
* You don't need much handholding or supervision to be productive.
* You are a quick learner. We want someone to hit the ground running, learn our existing system, and start getting stuff done.
* You work well with others, regardless of their position of authority.
* Basically, we're looking to hire someone who will make us look back and say, "Wow, hiring that person was a REALLY great move on our part. We are so smart!"
* Familiarity with version control systems
* Broad experience: other programming languages, OS platforms, web technologies, etc.
* Nunchucks, computer hacking skills -- we're looking for someone "Dynamite" with a good sense of humor, who will not call us out on the fact that we've been using the same basic job listing since back when Napoleon Dynamite references were still funny.
We care more about how good you are rather than how long you've been doing it.
To be discussed.
More information about the UPHPU-jobs