[UPHPU-jobs] Advanced Hosting Technician at Stackable Web Hosting
uphpu-jobs-postbot at uphpu.org
Mon Apr 4 15:58:04 MDT 2011
Utah PHP Users Group job announcement
Stackable Web Hosting
mike at stackable.com
Advanced Hosting Technician
$30,000 - $50,000
Stackable Web Hosting [stackable.com] in Salt Lake City, Utah is seeking a technical support engineer.
Stackable is owned and operated by XMission Internet -- an independent Internet solutions provider since 1993.
We're a small team that builds hosting products for people who build great websites. We're focused on high-performance web hosting with an emphasis on providing support that goes above and beyond what our customers expect.
Your daily duties would include:
* Fielding phone calls, live support chat, and email from existing and and potential customers
* Writing excellent documentation in our support wiki
* Calling new customers to welcome them and answer questions
* Troubleshooting advanced issues with Stackable engineers
* Perform beta testing of new features
The salary for this position is $20/hr with full benefits. This is a full-time position based in downtown Salt Lake City, Utah.
To apply, build a web page that explains how to password-protect a website using .htaccess with Apache 2.2. Then, send us a link: jobs at stackable.com.
* Advanced understanding of LAMP [Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP]. We expect you to know not only how to use these technologies to develop content, but how to configure and troubleshoot them.
* Familiarity with Python and Django both from an administrative and development perspective.
* We'd like you to be able to write well (i.e., documentation and email). Technical writing experience strongly preferred.
* You need to be a really nice person. (No, really.) Our customers are good to us and we try to be good to them. Jerks need not apply.
This is a full-time position with benefits.
More information about the UPHPU-jobs