[UPHPU-jobs] Developer at Fox Interactive Media | Photobucket
uphpu-jobs-postbot at uphpu.org
Thu Jun 26 17:55:43 MDT 2008
Utah PHP Users Group job announcement
Fox Interactive Media | Photobucket
skang at fox.com
FIM | Photobucket - Developer
Photobucket, the largest and most dynamic media sharing service in the world, is looking to expand its talented team of developers based in Denver, Colorado. Since 2003, Photobucket has grown from two founders to 100 employees who love what they do and are excited about the future. As a qualified candidate, you will join an ideal work environment that synergizes its roots in fad-free creative expression with the spirit of entrepreneurship. You will help evolve our web-based platform by building new features and products to bolster our search capabilities and provide real-time feedback to 65 million users on display of their media across a million web sites. In addition to innovating ways to support new video formats, avatars and mobile clients, you will also have the opportunity to collaborate with preeminent leaders in the online media and advertising space such as MySpace, Bebo, Google, Yahoo!, Microsoft, Adobe and more.
* 4-6 years of commercial application development experience with open source technologies
* Expert knowledge of Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP; Perl/Python a bonus
* BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
* Previous experience in object-oriented analysis and design for large-scale data driven web applications
* Must be able to reference previous production website development experience in which you used object-oriented design, flexible presentation layers, and collaborative development practices as core elements of the software lifecycle
* Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team
* Should be able to manage projects, communicate readily and clearly and stay on top of deadlines to ensure product release and delivery
Software Development Experience:
* Linux, Apache, PHP 5, MySQL; Java a bonus
* Object-oriented design and distributed systems
* Open source development tools, languages and application servers
* Previous experience with version control systems, esp. SVN
* Building distributed systems and/or large scale database applications
LAMP, OOP, open source tools.
See job description.
401K and health plan kicks in the first day you start.
More information about the UPHPU-jobs