[UPHPU-jobs] Senior Web Programmer in Sandy,
Utah (LAMP/Ruby on Rails)
jpmuofu at yahoo.com
Fri May 19 14:14:35 MDT 2006
Senior Web Programmer (LAMP and Ruby on Rails)
HyperX Inc. is a rapidly growing leader in providing exceptional Internet
marketing strategy, solutions and consulting to businesses ranging from
small startups to multi-billion dollar enterprises. Through our C3 process
we enable companies to leverage the Internet to start finding more
customers, deepen customer relationships and close more sales.
We are currently looking for an experienced web developer to build and
maintain LAMP and Ruby on Rails based web applications and administer and
enhance security and performance on our Linux/Apache web servers.
Our ideal candidate is a quick learner and great communicator, who can
master and juggle multiple projects with little supervision and has at least
five years of experience building complex web applications and successfully
administering and enhancing security/performance on Linux/Apache web servers
in a professional business environment.
Develop world class web applications with diverse specifications:
- Help create application specifications and requirements for clients
- Design relational database architecture, GUI interfaces and process flow
charts according to initial specs
- Implement designs into efficient, secure, user friendly web applications
- Conduct QA testing to ensure flawless results
Maintain existing web applications:
- Update, replace and add functionality
- Troubleshoot and debug problems
- Install eMetrics tracking
- Perform other maintenance activities as needed.
Administer Dedicated Email and Web Servers:
- Monitor logs
- Update server software with latest patches
- Maintain and enhance server security
- Maintain and enhance server performance
- Troubleshoot and fix server problems
- Take responsibility for server and application uptime
- Passionate about building web based applications that exceed clients'
- Self-motivated, quick-learning, thought leader
- Comfortable in a multi-tasking environment where priorities change rapidly
- Above average communication skills
- 5+ years professional experience with the following technologies:
- Creating usable and attractive user interfaces using HTML and CSS
PHP and MySQL
- Administering and Ensuring Security/Performance on Linux/Apache web
- Experience building complex web applications using Ruby on Rails and AJAX
- Experience web-optimizing and exporting web-graphics using Photoshop or
- Willing and able to work during standard business hours (8:30am to 5:30pm)
and be on call to support server and application problems during off hours
- Experience with SCORM
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Computer science or related technical bachelors degree
- Previous experience working as an independent contractor
- Ability to design highly usable, clean, professional looking user
We have both part-time contractor and full-time W2 positions available.
Compensation is negotiable commensurate with experience.
Examples of professional work will be required in the interview process.
To apply please send applications and at least three relevant professional
references to jobs at hyperxmedia.com in .DOC or .PDF format.
More information about the UPHPU-jobs