[UGAF] Critiques

Brook Harker brook.harker at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 15:49:53 MDT 2007

I am late on this thread but here's some thoughts:

1. The dude pointing to the chart is your strongest concept. Stick
with that one.
2. Spend a little more time on the shape of the dude. There is a kink
in his elbow, and his left leg is thicker than his right. I know you
are trying to stay conceptual, but just a little more polish on the dude
3. Are you using Futura font? You could try an all cap variant, or
try a few test drives on other fonts at www.fonts.com. It just feels
"off" to me, but that's subjective I guess.
4. Not your fault, but "tranquil" makes me nice and relaxed. For a
training company I wanna see people jumping around the room and
employee heads exploding etc.! Something high energy!
5. I sketch about 40-50 variants in pencil before hitting
Illustrator. Just to get things rolling and see how things work in a
quick fashion.
6. Watch kerning like everyone else said.

Looking good man, you're almost there.

Have fun!