[UGAF] Critiques

Angie Wingert angie at ridge-creative.com
Wed Jun 27 11:01:41 MDT 2007

Great comments. I agree. The weight of the i really bothered
me...make it the same weight, but taller is okay. Also, good call on
getting rid of the chalkboard and fixing that funny outside shape of
the piece of pie.

I like the font selection for the name. What about using a shape for
the arm that is more inspired by the font...a sharp point isn't
really keeping with the shapes of the font.

Other than that, I wasn't seeing the SkiUtah connection so much, so I
don't think that's much of a concern. Would a softer, earthier blue
be more tranquil? I think you're on the way to a strong look.

Angie Wingert  |  Ridgeline Creative Design  |  669 S 800 E, SLC UT
84102  |  801.671.0862  |  www.ridge-creative.com  |  angie at ridge-
creative.com

On Jun 27, 2007, at 10:50 AM, Wade Preston Shearer wrote:

> I am in the process of designing a logo for an employee training
> company. I felt kind of good about this, until I saw the ski utah
> logo. Anyways, let me know if this is any good.
>
> www.poderherbal.com/images/trainquil.jpg

My first comment would be about the "chalkboard." I find it very
distracting. I is much too commanding, making it hard to even digest
the name (which is the most important part). I would remove it and
color the pie chart. The word could use some kerning. Does the pie in
the pie chart intentionally not have a smooth arc "crust?" The
heavier weight of the first "i" bothers me. Making him taller is
fine, but I would keep him the same weight as the rest of the text.