[UGAF-jobs] Graphic Designer at Harman Music Group
Harman Music Group Jobs
kd93jfkdsjd830945kdk at ugaf.org
Fri Jun 15 17:22:33 MDT 2007
Utah Graphic Artists Forum job announcement
Harman Music Group
Harman Music Group Jobs
jobs at hmgsl.com
$20,000 - $40,000
1. Ability to work with internal and interdepartmental contacts in definition, preparation, execution and post-evaluation of marketing materials.
2. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
3. Ability to handle a variety of projects simultaneously as well as monitor othersâ project progress.
4. Ability to function in a team environment.
5. Proficiency in Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat Professional; knowledge of Dreamweaver, Flash and PowerPoint
6. Extensive knowledge of printing techniques and print media.
7. Basic knowledge of exhibit design and layout planning.
8. Ability to read, comprehend copywriting, simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
1. Works with Marketing and Product Managers, the Vice President of Marketing and the Creative Director to define the scope, goals and details of marketing projects. Helps define project budgets and departmental resources needed to complete these projects; works with the Creative Director to allocate and supervise these resources.
2. Presents concepts to and accepts input from other employees of the organization in one-on-one and small-group situations.
3. Works with the Creative Director and Graphics 1 personnel to initiate creative concepts, presents these concepts to interdepartmental contacts and refines concepts based on their feedback.
4. Refines and completes print graphics projects initiated by the Creative Director and other graphic designers including re-formatting/repurposing, corrections and preparation for production.
5. Works with the Vice President of Marketing, Creative Director and Production Manager to help define tradeshow marketing graphics needs including but not limited to booth layout, booth graphics and signage, special printed and promotional materials and multimedia.
6. Works closely with the Webmaster to product graphic materials for Harman web sites. Supervises Graphics 1 personnel in re-purposing print resources for use on Harman web sites.
7. Designs brochure, displays, logos and other materials, arranges layouts based on available space and aesthetic design concepts. Plans layout, arranging sequence of topics and placement of photos and/or artwork.
8. Processes digital product images, including retouching, enhancement and clipping paths for use in web, print, and multimedia applications. Acts as quality control supervision for these processes when performed by Graphics 1 personnel.
9. Art-directs off-site product photo sessions including maintaining continuity with existing photo styles and camera angles.
10. Is responsible for archiving graphic materials; works closely with the Production Manager to provide access to materials by various departments.
11. Ensures that all literature meets established standards for appearance and editorial content.
12. Performs related duties as assigned.
13. Mentors and shares professional graphic arts skills with Graphics 1 personne
A minimum of five years experience in print and/or web graphics. Bachelorâs Degree in Graphic Arts or related field. Experience with Mac-based tools to include Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and Acrobat Professional; experience in Dreamweaver and Flash a plus. Candidates must be highly motivated and able to juggle and supervise details of multiple projects.
The incumbent must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the duties and responsibilities.
Outstanding benefits package with low premium cost to employee for excellent coverage and more!
More information about the UGAF-jobs