We are postponing our August meeting for one month so that we can focus on the Utah Open Source Conference on August 28 – 30. This year’s conference topics look really solid with many national and community level speakers including:
- Paul Frields (Red hat, Inc) – KEYNOTE: Fedora: The Future, First
- Joe Brockmeier (Novell) – KEYNOTE: How to bootstrap a community
- Matt Asay (Alfresco) – The Billion Dollar (Free) Software Opportunity
- Mac Newbold (Code Greene) – Local Keynote: How To Leverage Open Source in a For-Profit Business
- Jared Smith ( co-author of O’Reilly’s Asterisk: The Future of Telephony) – Dialplans for Dummies: An Introduction to the Asterisk Dialplan
- Joseph Scott (Automattic) – WordPress Performance and Scalability
These are literally, just a handful of an awesome lineup of speakers. Having participated last year and this year, I can tell you Clint Savage and the UTOS foundation spend a lot of time getting this conference up and running right. I strongly recommend if you have time to attend some or all the days that you take advantage.