PHP training classes and group project coming soon
Attention: If you’re interested in the training classes and/or the group project, read this and respond appropriately!
The plan is moving forward, and we’re working out the logistical details of getting the course off the ground.There are a couple of important discussion threads on the mailing list, and a poll to plan days of the week, measure interest and estimate attendance. We are in urgent need of some feedback from people, whether they’re interested in training, the group project, or both.
If you’re interested in participating in the training courses:
1. We need to you to take the poll, so we can decide on a day. For now, don’t worry about cost, location, or anything like that, and just assume we’ll be able to work things out with you.
2. “Pre-register” with Wade or myself, the sooner the better. We need to get together a list of interested people so we can email the smaller group and expect to get answers back in a timely fashion. Without being able to contact everyone, it will be really hard to make this work.
If you’re not interested in training, but would like to participate in the group project:
1. Some of the group project meetings will coincide with training meetings. For example, the first half of a training meeting may be discussion and planning for the group project, while the second half would be training related to the plans that were made.
2. Take the poll, and select your day(s) of choice. The team working on the project has to have time to get together, and we need to know when you can make it.
3. Tell Wade or myself that you’re interested in the project but not training classes. If you’d like to also specify what level or kind of involvement you’d like to have, that might help too. We’ll probably set up a developer mailing list for the project along with CVS or subversion accounts and access to a MySQL database for all the team members.
We really want to know what people want to do, and where UPHPU should be focusing to provide the most benefits to its members and our community. Without some participation from other people, it will end up being based on the ideas of just a few of us, and probably won’t be as good.
Thanks to everyone for your participation in UPHPU!